(Above photo: Jennifer Queen, Mixologist and Bartender Battle Judge)
Join the San Diego Spirits Festival for the first bartender battle as rising stars of the cocktail scene shake it up at the W San Diego rooftop.
The San Diego Spirits Festival embarks on the ultimate quest to find the best talent behind the bars with a series of Spirited Bartender Battles leading up to the Ultimate Battle at the Festival in August.
The first of the 2013 Bartender Battle series is scheduled for:
April 18 at the W San Diego Rooftop at 6pm – 9pm
RSVP to Liz@SanDiegoSpiritsFestival.com
Guest DJ TRIO CAPPA REGIME
Bartenders will be challenged to create a cocktail on the fly in front of the judges. Participating Spirit Brands will all be at the Festival in August, (Brand names will be kept a secret till the battle).
Attendees can cheer on their favorite bartender, and they will have the opportunity to sample the competitor’s drinks. There will be drink and food specials. This event will kick off the 2013 series, with two more events lined up in the coming months, The winner of each event will move on to the final, Ultimate Battle at The San Diego Spirits Festival in August and secures serious credibility and bragging rights among industry peers.
• Jennifer Queen – Prep Kitchen
• Oscar Takahashi – Mindful Mixology (he won the battle last year)
• Mario Marquez – Master Tequilier/ director Magia Azul Tequila Consulting
• Frankie Thaheld – Snake Oil Cocktail Company
• Cervantes Magaña – proprietary director of Medicine Show, Bar Consulting and Tonic Creation
• Shawn Findley – Guava Beach Bar & Grill
• Camron Zibaie – Voyeur
• Antonio Gonzales – The Tavern
• Scott Moises – La Valencia
• Evgeny Anisimov – US Grant
• Pedro Melgar Flores – Polite Provisions
• Sonny Jensen – Leroy’s Kitchen + Lounge
• Chris Burkett – Cusp Dining & Drinks
• Chris Burmeister – Hiatus Lounge
• Valerio Nieto – Meze Café & Grill
• Terrence Mooney – W San Diego
• Giovanni Liabile – Ocean Avenue Brewery – From Laguna Beach
Please be sure to RSVP Liz via email, and let her know you heard of the event on DowntownRob.com – see you there!
More Info on the San Diego Spirits Festival, August 24-25, 2013
San Diego Spirits Festival Tickets have already gone on sale, use the promo code EARLYBIRD25 and get $25 off the general pass tickets. They will go up May 1st. The After Party will be held this year at the W Hotel, and your ticket gets you into the after party.