In case you didn’t realize it… May 25 is National Wine Day, and San Diego is home to dozens of unique and quirky wineries. While many of the Temecula wineries are well-known, let’s highlight some other local wineries that may be closer to home for those not near Temecula wine country. Below is a list of some of the most unique and interesting places in San Diego to celebrate this red, white, and pink holiday:
- Solterra Winery & Kitchen: Blend your own wines at this beachfront winery. Experts give you all the tools you need to create a wine that will exactly fit your unique palette. You can take home a bottle of your newly invented wine the same day!
- Location: 934 N. Coast Highway 101, San Diego, CA 92023
- Tasting Price: Four wines $10; six wines $15
- San Pasqual Winery: Just steps away from the San Diego Bay, San Pasqual Winery & Tasting Room at Seaport Village is the perfect place to sip local wines and enjoy a view of the harbor. Nestled in scenic Seaport Village, this spot is ideal for cooling down with a glass of vino.
- Location: 805 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
- Tasting Price: Five wines $10; 10 wines $20
- Negociant: North Park Urban Winery: All wine is made on-site at Negotiant Winery with grapes from around California. Conveniently located in North Park, Negociant is the perfect place to get a taste of San Diego wines without leaving the city.
- Location: 2419 El Cajon Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92104
- Tasting Price: Five wines for $10
Post which wineries are your favorites in the comments below, and if you’ve been to any of these local wineries before. Drink and be merry on National Wine Day!
Review photos of the wineries in our special National Wine Day gallery.